Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Trying to nap with kids!

Hmmm, it is only 10am and my silly thing has already been ticked off! Trying to nap with three kids in the house.

Ben wakes at about 7 and is ready to go back to sleep at about 8.30. He is not the best sleeper at night and I was awake with him for about an hour and a half last night.

So this morning when he was ready to go back to bed and the girls were asking me to put the tv on I decided to say yes and take advantage of what might be an hour of quiet to try and get 40 minutes of sleep.

Well what a silly idea! Ben has gone down like a champ but my girls who normally stick like glue to the tv when I let them have it on have been restless and wanted a hundred things off me so no sleep for me and now Ben is still asleep, Jess is quietly (what the???) watching a movie and Emily is setting up a game for her and I to play.

I guess I shall just have to wait until 10 tonight to go back to sleep and do it all again....sob, sob, sob.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the expectation of wanting to have a rest, and then it not happening. It's devastating. You have to change gears to get that thought out of your head and not be resentful. Oh, how I've been there! Oh, you wait for my silly thing... time to change feet!

    ReplyDelete