Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hide the scissors!

I have been trying to decide if I will do the picture a day challenge or just a random daily posting from the day...I think at present it will be random postings with a picture if appropriate!

Emily and I have been discussing getting her hair cut. She has very fine hair but she also has a lot of it so it gets very knotty and is a nightmare to comb and style (ask Sarah, she will tell you this is true!). After much discussion the decision was made, Em would get a bob!

Jess' hair is very different from Ems. Her hair is thick and curly and yes does get knotty but the knots can hide in the curls so not much has to be done to make her hair look nice. I have tried on two separate occasions to get Jess' hair trimmed but both times have ended in tears with very little hair cut!

Today both girls were keen so off we went.

Emily had her cut to the tune of, "When is it going to be my turn, the hairdresser has been cutting her hair all day!". Em finished with a lovely layered bob and then it was Jessica's turn.

I had prepped the hairdresser that it might be a sit and pike-out situation but no, Jess was ready for a haircut. She loves her hair and loves her curls but when the hairdresser had finished trimming her hair the waterworks started.

Not just waterworks! Kicking and screaming also ensued.

"I WANT MY HAIR SHORT, I WANT MY HAIR LIKE EMILY'S, I DON'T WANT CURLS, I WANT MY HAIR SHORT!!!"

I am so sad because Jessica's hair long is lovely and Emily's hair short is lovely. Why can't she be happy being different from her sister?

After bodily removing Jess from the hairdressers and placing her on her bed at home (all the while to the screamed exclamations typed earlier) and 40 minutes of tantruming later, Jessica came out of her room and apologised for her behaviour.

At the end of the day she still wants her hair cut short but has agreed to wait a while and see if she still feels the same. She will hate having her hair short, I just know it!

The long and short of it is (sorry about the pun but it was out there so I had to do it!!) that mummy has already made the decision and she is NOT getting her hair cut short but she doesn't need to know that....I have already been around the house and gathered every last pair of scissors and put them up high just in case she decides to take matters into her own hands.

My Emily looks so grown up with her new haircut and best of all, she loves it! Here's a picture.



What fun it is to share the "exciting" happenings of my day with whoever is out there reading this!

4 comments:

  1. Aww it really suits her! She does look so grown up. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my-I have been there and done that. With Shae it is a bribe situation, when her hair gets to her bottom I will pay her $1000.00!! I know this is a lot, but it has helped me these past few years when she begs to have it cut.
    And for those few that have seen her hair out and straight will understand.
    Jess will thank you one day Leanne.

    And Em you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily looks beautiful and yes, so grown up. I was laughing all the way through the post, as it was non-stop for you all the way! But I think Jess' hair is much more like yours, while Emily's is like Lyndon's. And curls... well you know, I can't cut my boys curls off either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she looks so gorgeous! Cute that Jess wants to be the same, but good on you for sticking to your guns.
    Oh and this is going to make it much easier for people to tell the girls apart now!

    ReplyDelete